It’s preset Tuesday time!
Following yesterday’s post from my day at the orchards, I wanted to share with you a preset to get maximum vibrance and give an overall springy feel to the images.
Here are a couple of before and after images of the preset:
As I detailed in yesterday’s post, paying attention to the colors in the background, although quite blurred, can pay off later in post-processing. Here’s what this preset does:
- Slightly increases exposure to make sure images are bright enough
- Reduces highlights to deal with the flower petals and bring out their texture
- Slighty increases blacks for increased contrast and color
- Increases whites for additional brightness
- Increases vibrance for added color punch
- Adds sharpening for maximum detail
- Adds a little vignetting for center focus
- Adds a top gradient filter with a lime green color to accentuate the springy feel
Let me know if you enjoy this preset in the comments below and check back later for more Lightroom goodies.
- Click the buttons above to download the Develop presets as a zip file.
- Unzip the downloaded file to your desktop (you will get a .lrtemplate file).
- In Lightroom, go in the Develop module.
- In the left column, make sure the Presets panel is open. Right click anywhere in the Presets area and create a new folder. Title it “27ShutterClicks Presets”.
- Right click on the newly created folder and choose Import.
- Locate the extracted .lrtemplate file and click Import.
Keep in touch!
Subscribe below to be notified and receive new articles by email, as they're added to the blog.